Trisomy 18 Foundation, Inc.
We envision a world in future where Trisomy 18 is a preventable and treatable condition and all parents have access to compassionate, knowledgeable care that respects the humanity and potential of their child diagnosed with Trisomy 18.
Our Mission is to encourage the search for treatments and preventions of Trisomy 18, to educate and support medical professionals, and to create a caring worldwide community for affected families.
The Trisomy 18 Foundation has five goals:
- To insure that all appropriate physicians and health care providers are aware of the full range of health outcomes, have ready access to the latest information to insure more accurate diagnosis and prognosis, and can easily make use of the resources they need to provide access to effective medical treatments and psycho-social care for the entire family.
- To encourage, guide, and fund additional research to advance knowledge of the syndrome and improve treatments for affected children, and ultimately to develop public health initiatives to prevent Trisomy 18 chromosomal errors occurring in the earliest stages of pregnancies.
- To create a caring worldwide community that will offer each Trisomy 18 family information, guidance, and emotional support for each stage of their journey with their child.
- To build and sustain a broad base of committed contributors who will provide the necessary funds to accomplish these mission and goals.
- To create, inspire, and make effective use of an organization of passionate individuals dedicated to reaching our vision; a world in which Trisomy 18 is preventable and treatable and every family has access to compassionate and knowledgeable care that respects the humanity of their child.