We envision a future where Trisomy 18 is a preventable and treatable condition and all parents have access to compassionate, knowledgeable care that respects the humanity and potential of their child diagnosed with Trisomy 18.
Our mission is to encourage the search for treatments and preventions of Trisomy 18, to educate and support medical professionals, and to create a caring community that embraces ALL families impacted by the Trisomy 18 diagnosis of a much-wanted child.
We are dedicated:
- To ensure that all appropriate physicians and health care providers are aware of the full range of health outcomes, have ready access to the latest information that allows them to provide more accurate diagnoses and prognoses, and can easily make use of the resources they need to provide access to effective medical treatments and psychosocial care for the entire family.
- To encourage, guide, and fund additional research to advance knowledge of the syndrome and improve treatments for affected children, and ultimately to develop public health initiatives to prevent Trisomy 18 chromosomal errors occurring in the earliest stages of pregnancies.
- To create a caring worldwide community that will offer information, guidance, and emotional support to every Trisomy 18 family during each stage of their journey with their child.
- To build and sustain a broad base of committed contributors who will provide the necessary funds to accomplish this mission and these goals.
- To create, inspire, and make effective use of an organization of passionate individuals dedicated to reaching our vision; a world in which Trisomy 18 is preventable and treatable and every family has access to compassionate and knowledgeable care that respects the humanity of their child.
Other Quick Facts:
- Incorporated in 2003 as a nonprofit corporation in the Commonwealth of Virginia as Trisomy 18 Support, Inc.
- Designated a permanent 501(c)(3) charitable and educational organization by the IRS in 2008.
- Our name—Trisomy 18 Foundation—became U.S. registered trademark No. 85104797 in 2010
- EIN: 77-0600393
- Main office in the Northern Virginia side of the DC area
- Mailing address: 4491 Cheshire Station Plaza, Suite 157, Dale City, VA 22193
- Main email address: email@example.com
- Founded by Victoria J. Miller, M.A. in 2003, who still serves as CEO; she and her husband Don are the parents of a baby son, Isaac lost to Trisomy 18 at 11 days old in 2001.
- Purple is the Brand Color for Trisomy 18 Awareness items
Disclaimer: The content of this website is for informational purposes only and is intended to educate consumers about health care issues and choices. This information is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You should always consult with your physician before making medical decisions or electing to undergo any medical testing or treatment, or if you have any questions or concerns about your health.